In 1862, Eugène Missol – "the current owners' grandfather of the grandfather" – plants vineyards on the hillside in the South of the small village of Allan. In doing so, he initiates the family's winegrower spirit.
His son Adrien Missol and later his grandson Eugène Missol Legoux pursue this passion and develop the estate. At the time, their wines are (still) exported in barrels to Belgium and the Netherlands under the "Côtes du Rhône" appellation.
In 1900, the construction of a 1,500-hectolitre vat covered with glass tiles already demonstrates the desire to replace the old oak tonels in favour of a more suitable and economical technological solution.
(This outdated vat was demolished in 1996 and replaced with a family chapel dedicated to Notre-Dame des Vignes.)
Since 1980, Marc and Marie Lépine, the family's direct descendants, have generously and rigorously expressed the winegrowing vocation of Château Bizard.